Tuesday, March 3, 2009

new camera fun

So I was cruising craigslist the other day, something I shouldn't do if I'm trying to save money, when I came across an unbelievable deal on an Omega View with three lenses and accessories. For those of you LF camera geeks the lenses are: Caltar IIN 210mm, Fuji 150mm and the creme de la cream, Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm 6.8...sweet. Normally you can't find that last lens for the price he was asking for the entire kit.

Turns out the guy, Dave, is a professional from southern Connecticut. I made the trek down to Hartford and met him in a laundry mat parking lot. Really nice guy, someone offered him more money, but since I'll be using it for education purposes, he held onto for me. Awesome, great guy.

So, of course I very excited to try it out, but I don't want to wait for film to develop, so I set the cameras like this:
With Tiffany as subject
dark cloth goes on
and... snap
funny faces, thanks Tiffany for riding down with me...and thanks Dave

1 comment:

fmward said...

Beautiful camera. You'll enjoy the deliberate deliberations of making each picture. I never liked processing the film. It tends to be traumatic and tedious. Especially now that Polaroid is scarce. I also got allergic to the chemistry. They do make great processing tubes for 4X5 that are comparatively easy to use. I have a few tubes for 8X10.

I like your through the lens photography with a second camera. That allows the experience to be direct to digital.