Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I had a very difficult day today. I stopped in Shelburne this morning to meet Tom. It went well, we talked about teaching photo, working in photo and self-promotion. Some of the things he said about the different marketplaces for photography made some real sense to me. I took pictures afterwards when I was waiting for my ride to show up. I wished that I could have stayed there all day and seen my friends.
I love being home on rainy days. Let me sit for an hour or two to watch a puddle grow.
I only see family now, my grandmother, my mother and sometimes my sister and family. I miss my friends.
In class the other day we talked about cliche photographs that appear in intro to photography over and over again. I said that the foot-shot is one and how interesting it might be to pursue a well-worn cliche until you find something interesting.
Sometimes the world in my mind is so close to the world around me,
And sometimes the world in my mind is so close I can't see the world around,
And then my throat closes tight
and the walls come up
and I'm left standing in the rain.