Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year Resolutions

If you hang out with me for any extended period of time you will, at one point or another, hear me bragging about achieving my New Year's resolutions in 2008. It seems to me that most people make vague or over ambitious goals. By the end of the year either they've become discouraged with the difficulty of their task or they have no way to measure their progress. So you will hear me crowing about concrete task, achievable goals and measurable steps. I can be quite a bore, I assure you.

This New Year I am carefully considering the years resolutions. Once I start thinking about the things that I want to do I get a little bogged down by my own ambitions. In the interest of getting it out of my head and out into the world I submit this list. This is not my New Year Resolutions, because, as I've said before, those need to be clear achievable goals that have measurable results, but it is a list of Resolutions to be Considered.

Exercise - schedule? Mon, Wed, Fri -- pounds bench pressed? miles run?
Chess - join icc play 100 games online
Photo - create greenfield landscape series 8-12 prints, matt, hang, show
Photo - portraits of friends, family ditto above
Photo - continue list of Photographers I Know, lunch coffee with them
Work - it's out of my hands, but I am applying for a promotion(re-write resume, today!)
Reading - reading list? 12 novels, 24 books? write thoughts, blurbs, reviews of books
Writing - write in journal every day
Relationships - see grandma 1x a week, make a baby with Tiffany, help Mom around the house
Garden - garden
Photo - get some work printing for students $$
Video - organize video tapes, shoot more video
Music - learn to play some songs on the bass, learn 6 songs on guitar
Health - dentist, find a therapist
Finance - buy a house
Education - pursue a post-grad degree, figure out what you'd want to study
Gear - sell enough stuff on ebay to buy the 18-200mm lens
More Photo - print albumen using digital internegatives

No comments: