Wednesday, November 5, 2008

slowly carefully

Here's some updates in my life. Most of my time takes place at school, and I don't have any pictures from there. Maybe next time. But these are some snippets of the past two month:

my favorite meal
this root-ball is the best!
a dead bird at the hallmark photo museum
my new lens!!: fuji 135mm 5.6, fast and crisp. If you mujst know I have a box of color negatives sitting on the light table waiting to be scanned. So, this is the only image I've made with it so far...
I'm growing a beard again

1 comment:

Selena McMahan said...

i like that comments here are moderated. can i write you one here but you don't approve it? this way you just know that it is connected to the photo i'm looking at, but you read it like an email in parts?

i like this photo of you, quirky and asymetrical. i just saw a really neat exhibit of chagall's costumes and sets and makeup for the jewish russian theater. some fantastical super asymetrical shading...

there is a photo of you on your facebook photos where you look really beautiful - where the lighting is really nice coming in from a window on the right. you look really peaceful. beautiful gaze. may i ask who took it?

how are you doin?
i was in new york for a week and now i'm back in paris. it is warmer here but feels colder.

i made beet soup with chard for some friends for dinner and we watched the muppet show. the soup was perilously bright pink. i thought it would stain my whole tiny apartment. but no spills happened. however i'm sure my dinner guests will be shocked my their bright pink poos tomorrow!